Hiring a death midwife to help you navigate the journey from the physical dimension could be the best decision of your life. It is a journey filled with unknowns, with valleys of sadness and mountains that require courage and endurance but it doesn’t have to be a journey of suffering. With support and guidance the death journey can be one of awe and gratitude, of expansive loving awareness never before imagined. It can be a journey filled with kindness and tenderness and peace. Our final days can be the best days of our lives, if we are open to receive the gifts, let go of resistance and welcome the unknown. Please consider this service for yourself and your loved ones.
If you would like to learn more about supporting a loved-one through their journey, please register for our training in ‘The Art of Death Midwifery’: www.sacredcrossings.com/artofdeathmidwifery.
To learn more about The Death Midwife, Olivia Bareham, or make an appointment, please visit our main site: www.sacredcrossings.com/thedeathmidwife/
Death Midwifery combines the roles of death doula, spiritual counselor, home funeral guide and funeral celebrant.
A Sacred Crossings Death Midwife provides information, guidance and support to both the death journeyer and their family from terminal diagnosis through final disposition.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN HIRING A DEATH MIDWIFE
During the initial in-home consultation, the midwife will help create a plan to address the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of the individual as they navigate the undulating path of the dying process.
Subsequent visits may be monthly, weekly or daily depending on the needs of the family. We work closely with doctors, hospice, caregivers, clergy and out-of-town family members to provide comfort, guidance and support for a peaceful transition experience.
Death Midwifery services include but are not limited to:
- In-home, hospital, or nursing home visits with you and your loved-one
- Detailed reporting to next-of-kin unable to visit
- Emergency room support after unexpected death
- Holding space while life-support is discontinued (includes sacred singing, spiritual guidance, after-death rituals and body preparation if required)
- Support with stillborn and infant death and bringing baby home for a home funeral
- Finding a local, reputable hospice to meet your loved-ones needs
- Assistance with completing advance directives for health care and death care
- Assistance with fulfilling final wishes / healing relationships / putting things in order
- Spiritual support including guided imagery, meditations and exercises to help alleviate anxiety and suffering
- Guidance with completing the life-review and legacy project
- Help with writing an autobiography or creating a video-biography as a legacy to loved one
- Guidance with after death care of the body and dry-ice preservation for a home vigil and funeral (see FAQs for details)
- Coordinating with Sacred Crossings Funeral Home for transportation and cremation
- Assistance with funeral service planning
- Celebrant to officiate funerals, memorials and graveside services
Sacred Crossings death midwives provide conscious, compassionate support every step of the way…